Friday, January 18, 2008

Updates

Well, I completed my first week of classes for the new semester. Things are pretty laid back right now even though we jumped right into the semester. I'm taking Multicultural Youth Ministry, Basic Probability and Statistics, Astronomy, British Literature, and Senior Experience. I have two other classes, a Saturday Seminar for youth ministry, and Spiritual Formation Experience, but they don't meet the same way the other classes do, so yeah. I'm having trouble deciding whether I like Senior Experience or Multicultural Youth Ministry better.

Im sleeping better. I mean, I'm not getting into bed until 2 am because I spend too much time messing around, then spend 2 hours doing homework right before I go to bed; but I'm sleeping through the night with out waking up now and Ive been waking up because my alarm clock wakes me up.

I felt really nauseous again today. It was worse than it was a few days ago. Today I was actually afraid I might vomit. It took half the day to get over it. I don't think it's the stomach flu, but I guess I don't know what else it could be.

So right now I'm in the process of reading the Pilgrims Progress for my British Literature book, and Im really liking it so far. I also picked up a few books from the book store. yeah, I applied them to my account, but it's okay because they're the same books on the reading list for Senior Experience, but they were ones I was already wanting to read anyway. I picked up Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller and Searching for God Knows What by ... Donald Miller. Okay, so I guess they're both the same author. Perhaps that's why I was captivated by both of them. Okay, actually it was probably the chapter titles. For example, Blue Like Jazz
Chapter 5- Faith: Penguin Sex;
Chapter 6- Redemption: The Sexy Carrots;
Chapter 15-Community; Living with Freaks

And then... some of the titles in Searching For God Knows What
Chapter 2-Imposters: Santa Takes a Leak
Chapter 8-LifeBoat Theory: How to Kill Your Neighbor
Chapter 11-A Circus of Redemption: Why a three-legged man is better than a bearded woman
Chapter 12-Morality: Why I am better than you
Chapter 14-The Gospel of Jesus: Why William Shakespeare was a Prophet

How can chapter titles like these not make you curious?

No comments: